Essential Readings In Contemporary Waqf Issues
- Author : Dr. Monzer Kahf, Dr. Siti Mashitoh Mahamood
- ISBN : 978-967-0175-04-1
- Page : 422 pages
A review of the history shows that the notion of charitable endowments had long been realized even before the advent of Islam. Waqf. through the eyes of Islam, is seen as a catalyst for the scientific and intellectual renaissance of Islamic civilization. Yet it has not attracted the attention of modern Muslims in general to commensurate its importance and adapt its features to coincide with current lifestyle.
This book is a collection of research articles and papers by authoritative Muslim scholars, which looks into the contemporary issues and problems of waqf through different vantage points. The book provides the overviews of its history, features and its evolution throughout the centuries. It also offers some insights on waqf in the light of legal and administrative standpoints while interspersed with new, practical ideas for its development and application in modern socio-economics.
Essential Readings in Contemporary Waqf Issues intends to spread the knowledge of waqf so that it will continue to be the pillar of strength towards the future development of Islamic societies along the spiritual, social and economic spectrums.
Weight 0.8 kg
- AWQAF IN HISTORY AND ITS IMPLICATIONS FORMODERN ISLAMIC ECONOMIES
- WAQF AND ITS SOCIOPOLITICAL ASPECTS
- LEGAL FRAMEWORK TO PROMOTE THE USE OF AWQAF FOR THE PROVISIONS OF PUBLIC GOODS IN FINANCIAL SECTOR
- LAW OF WAQF IN MALAYSIA:RECENT DEVELOPMENTS
- CONTEMPORARY WAQF ADMINISTRATION AND DEVELOPMENT IN SINGAPORE: CHALLENGES AND PROSPECTS
- FINANCING THE DEVELOPMENT OF AWAQF PROPERTY
- WAQF-BASED MICROFINANCE: REALIZING THE SOCIAL ROLE OF ISLAMIC FINANCE
- THE EFFECTIVENESS OF WAQF FUND RAISING THROUGH MUTUAL FUND IN INDONESIA
- EFFICIENCY CRITERIA IN THE PUBLIC AND PRIVATE AWQAF MANAGEMENT: THE IRANIAN EXPERIENCE
- REVITALISING THE INSTITUTION OF AWQAF IN DEVELOPING THE COMMUNITY
- WAQF ACCOUNTING AND POSSIBLE USE OF SORP 2005 TO DEVELOP WAQF ACCOUNTING STANDARDS
- LEVERAGING PHILANTHROPY MONETARY WAQF FOR MICRO FINANCE
- WAQF INSTRUMENT FOR CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT: AN ANALYSIS OF STRUCTURE